Most modern lawyers find occasion to use Google almost every day. However, if you are just doing routine searches, you are missing out on some of Google’s most useful features. A few of my favorites are the following:
- Google Alerts – Get email alerts whenever something of interest to you shows up on the web. A great way to monitor clients, adversaries and areas of law. Easy to set.
- Google Images – Search for images on the internet for anyone or anything– Go ahead- see if there are any pictures of you on the web.
- Google Maps – The best way to map out directions and share with others.
- Google Patents – Full text search of every US patent.
- Google Scholar – Looking for a specific paper or Scholarly article, find it fast.
- Google Translate – Provides two way language translations.
If you have a favorite Google tool not discussed above, we would love to hear about it.